Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shifts 6, 7 and 8

I completed three more shifts since my last post. A lot of what I have done is the same. I have done lots of g-tube assessments, helped with g-tube teaching, and helped with wound vac dressing changes. Things have been pretty routine and I feel like I have gotten pretty good at these three things. Last shift I got to see a patient with a suspected deep tissue injury and was able to identify it as such correctly. Also, last shift I had the opportunity to independently see two patients. The first was an ankle wound and I was able to identify the proper course of treatment, apply the dressing and give the parents instructions with one two additional comments to the parents by my preceptor. Also, I had the opportunity to independently change a wound vac dressing and reapply the wound vac with my preceptor only handing me supplies. It was a very straight forward dressing change, but it felt very good to be able to do it independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment